Thursday, March 12, 2015

14th Day, First Rule of Wind, NM 01:


Curses. I'm still sore from fighting with that bear. I think I'll take a hot, soothing bath and get cleaned up a bit before I do anything else this morning...


But it's so nice here. I don't want to move...


Eight hours in bed, an hour long soak, healing medicine and I still hurt. Where the hell is Amelia?! Kyden moves around better than I am and he's 10,000 years old!


Who are you and what the hell are you doing in my bathroom? Did all of my guards decide to sleep in an extra hour and masturbate or something?! I'm really not impressed right now.


I have a bad feeling about this. I think Bradford might have a gambling problem, if his hurry to find me this morning was any indication. I'll need further proof before I confront him about it, but it's something I'll have to pay attention to. If he's going to be part of the team managing Zynedia's finances, he can't owe a boatload of money to collectors.


Damn it, Sarenna, where are you? You're so much better at talking to people than I am. But after what happened yesterday, it's vital that I find out who is backing Jayden's ideas about the stocks. Do people actually like that method of "justice"?


Weave preserve me... Has Bradford been drinking or is he gay? I don't care what others prefer...until they stake it clear they would prefer me. This has to end. Now.

Fortunately, I'm able to switch the topic to what he thinks of Zynedia so far. I guessed right: the food is the biggest adjustment man of the mortals are currently facing.


A kingdom is only as stable as the laws that govern it. I've written two today: one which will dictate how long someone can be kept in the stocks, and one which forbids the use of human, kindred or Sealer victims for the Pit Monster without my approval. The last thing I need is for Sarenna to mess up one of the new laws here and for me to find her head!

I'm also taking Bradford's advice and writing a Letter of Hire seeking an Adviser. I doubt I'll let them do much, but it's one more person to look for my friends so how can it hurt?


For someone with my Purpose, there is no challenge greater than the willingness to let something--anything--go. Fly, little blue bird. Fly away before I decide to try and catch you!


For a moment I thought I'd found Cait. Alas, I was mistaken. How disappointing.


And my new Adviser's first piece of wisdom is... add more furniture to the throne room. You've got to be kidding me.


These shrubs should make it smell nicer in here. The extra oxygen will keep everyone more alert, too.


At last all preparations are complete. The Throne Room of New Haven is now officially open! It is my deepest hope that doing this will somehow help my friends find me again. It has been three days since we were all to arrive and I've yet to see anyone. I'm really starting to become concerned...

What could have happened to them? Are they all right? Somehow I must find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment